Taking Perfect Measurements
The best way to shop for clothing online is to know your measurements. Letter and number sizes can vary so much between brands, but an inch is in inch is an inch! To make shopping online as easy as possible for our lovely customers, we measure & inspect every item we carry, and note any sizing considerations we find.
Ready to measure? Here are some tips:
- For the pinup, rockabilly, & retro styles that we love so much, you need your high waist measurement. This is the narrowest part of your waist, generally just above your belly button and just below your ribcage. If you're not sure you're measuring in the right place, try this quick trick:
- Stand up straight with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- While reaching both hands straight up over your head, bend or lean to one side.
- Note where the crease on your torso appears. This is where you should measure your high waist!
- Take your bust measurement over your favorite bra, at the fullest part of your chest.
- We only list a hip measurement for items like wiggle dresses, pencil skirts, pants, and capris. This is the measurement around the fullest part of your booty. 🍑
- Different styles of undergarments & shapewear can temporarily alter your measurements. Consider what undergarments you'll wear with that new dress and how they'll affect your measurements, or measure over your preferred foundation garments for a precise fit.
- Bodies are not static. We change size and shape over time, even over the course of each day. Consider taking multiple sets of measurements if you tend to experience frequent fluctuations, or remeasuring if it's been a few months since you last checked.
We love to help you find pieces that will fit, flatter, and feel amazing on your specific body, exactly the way it is. Please feel free to reach out with any sizing questions before ordering!